PUWER and Power Presses
The course is designed to cover the statutory information requirements laid down by the 1998 approved code of practice and guidance L112 Safe use of power presses 1998.
Course participants should also develop a more positive and systematic approach to safe working methods. Intended for supervisors, toolsetters and other personnel who are involved in the preparation and use of power presses
Duration: Full Day
Anyone involved working with power presses.
- Inspection records and systems
- The nature and function of clutch mechanisms, flywheels, brakes and ancillary equipment
- Types and functions of safety devices
- Guarding of power pressess
- Tool design and its influence on safety
- The work of the toolsetter
- Electrical and Electronic devices used on power presses
- Accident causation and prevention
- End of course Q+A session